Hi, and welcome to our thriving creative writing club based in Stratford, East London.
Many of our writers have published their work since we were founded in 1986, from BAFTA winners to those nominated for the Children’s Book Award, from TV drama and the stage to the published word. We are all about diversity.
New members are welcome from beginners to published authors. Genres can include poetry, novels, drama, short stories, blogs, song lyrics, history, life stories, journalism, non fiction and so on. Themes can range from fantasy to thriller, from satire to surreal, from comedy to crime, from romance to science fiction.
We are not about boundaries, we are about the unheard voice, about helping the writer to say what they want to say, to write what they want to write, and when they are ready, to help them get it out there.
For our weekly Thursday workshops see the Dates & Times Tab.
Coming Dates to watch out for in 2019…
– From 10th January to December 9th: Full programme of 48 Weekly Writing Workshops. See Dates and Times Tab for details
– 31st March: Deadline for author’s submissions for Showtime 2019. 5 pages of poetry, 5,000 words of prose, or a combination thereof.
– Thursday 11th April – Exploring Poetry. Our Spring Term special session.
– Saturday 13th April – Newham Writers on the Street! Organised street readings with public performances of our author’s poetry. Meet at 11am at the square in front of Theatre Royal, Stratford.
– Thursday 16th May: – Summer Open Showcase Night. Perform your work to the audience.
– Out Now: Showtime ’18 on Amazon with over 300 pages of our author’s poetry, short stories and more. Click HERE!